Emma: Confidence and Autumn Treats


Hello! I hope your autumn season has begun with crisper weather and coloured leaves! Mine sure has... I have yet to grab a substantial autumn coat, so I've just been bundling layers underneath this denim jacket that I'm sure you're all tired of by now!! I love the smell of autumn and the sound of crisp leaves crunching under my feet. Another thing I love about autumn, yes, you guessed it... Plaid!!! 

I have been wearing this outfit on repeat during midterms... A shirt dress is a totally new silhouette for me, particularly since it is fairly straight in shape. I've been feeling much more drawn to flowy, shift dress styles this season. This dress is so so cozy, and is cinched in at the waist with a little matching fabric belt. I am loving this dress so much more than I expected... Being a petite who is not willing to wear heels to class, I was nervous to try a midi length, especially in such a "shapeless" style. But, I just had to have it and I'm so glad I picked this up!! I never imagined how much I would love it. The length and style just fills me with confidence - I feel untouchable in this outfit. I like the classic pattern of the plaid and the cut of the shirt, and the longer length gives it this wonderful edge of personality. 



I don't really buy myself jewelry often, so whenever I do it's a total treat. I am really into vintage style jewels and bags at the moment - think 1910 emeralds and gold. This sweet little bracelet was a total steal on Modcloth, and it adds just a touch of sweetness and sophistication to any outfit. I can't stop looking at it because it's just that pretty!!

Outfit:
-dress: Old Navy petite, here
-jacket: old, Old Navy
-lace-up flats: old, similar
-bracelet: Modcloth, here
-bag: H&M, here




Comments

Popular Posts