Emma: Holiday Gift Guide 2016 (with a special guest)

I hope everyone is having a great start to their holiday season!! I decided to assemble a little gift guide for all of you last-minute shoppers. I hope this gives you some ideas in the last rush before the big day on the 25th! 


First and foremost, who doesn't love to receive a good ol' pair of festive pyjamas to wear for most of Christmas day? These are from Old Navy and are super cozy (Miel can certainly attest to that...) I love these pants because the tartan print is just so festive! And that pug though. I'm a cat person through and through, but this was just too cute. Similar pants and top, similar set



Ahh, chocolate. I honestly hadn't had a Terry's Chocolate Orange before this Christmas, and I completely fell in love. That's why this one's packaging is a bit damaged... I couldn't wait to dig in! This would make a great stocking stuffer for any chocolate lover in your life. Something that I certainly love to receive every year is some handy knitwear for Canadian winters. This hat is from Aldo and it has the most fluffy, adorable pom pom ever! It's also on sale right now and comes in 2 other neutral shades. You can see how I styled it in this blog post.  


Nail polish would also make a great gift for someone who is starting to get into makeup, or for someone who just loves nail polish! A lot of brands are making amazing gift kits that come filled with brilliant shades. I got these two Essie nail polishes from a such kit, and together they make the most lovely rose gold nail varnish colour. You can buy Essie nail polish and similar sets in most drugstores, but Sephora also has some great collections this holiday season. 


Another great beauty gift would be anything from ColourPop! They are my current makeup favourite. All of their products are vegan and cruelty-free, as well as made in the United States! Not to mention that they are of surprisingly amazing quality for the price. Here I have one of their Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks in the shade Creeper. It is such a wonderful true red and is so perfect for the Christmas season! I would also recommend one of their "value sets" which come packed with great shades and products. 


I received this tarte Maracuja oil in the December ipsy bag, and it would make the perfect gift for someone who loves their skincare! A facial oil is an excellent and more natural alternative to an overnight moisturizing cream. I know that one of these is on my wishlist this year! I wouldn't consider this to be a stocking stuffer because of the price, but it would really be a great surprise for someone who loves skincare and natural products!


Who doesn't have something from Lush on their wishlist this year?? While Lush cracks out wonderful products every Christmas season, I admit that going into the shop can be quite an overwhelming experience, especially the closer you get to the 25th... That's why I would propose a tried and true favourite: the Lush Charity Pot. This is my absolute favourite Lush moisturizing cream! It is vegan and cruelty free, and it smells like chocolate and vanilla-y yumminess. And, just to make it even more lovely, 100% of the sale of the Charity Pot goes to Los Angeles local charities. It's a bit of a pricey body lotion, but you can feel good about it since your money is going to such a great place.


For more of a fashion related option, I would recommend a cute pair of shoes! Velvet is really in this season, as well as embroidery. Even if you aren't too sure about a fun pair of flats, I think that they can be a really great gift that will either go over with lots of joy or lots of laughter. It's easy to go too far with novelty shoes, but I think that cats are right within the realm of workable in your daily wardrobe (particularly for a cat lady like myself!). I love these velvet kitty flats from Topshop, but they're unfortunately sold out. I love these because they remind me of the Charlotte Olympia kitty flats for a fraction of the cost! As an alternative, I would recommend these burgundy loafers or these similar black ones from ASOS


Jewelry is such a great gift for someone special, but it can be rather daunting to find the right piece. I find that the sheer number of options can be super intimidating and lead to less than ideal gifting situations. I really believe in shopping on Etsy for jewelry, especially when it's for a gift. There are so many great artists who can easily personalize a gift for someone on your list this year. I got this sparkly bracelet off of Modcloth, who have a lot of art-deco inspired jewelry right now, which I am loving at the moment!! Aldo is also rocking it in the glitzy jewelry department (pun intended!). 


A last gift that I think would be amazing for someone who loves makeup is to fill a cute pouch with a bunch of makeup favourites! This would also be wonderful for someone who is starting to get into beauty products but who doesn't quite know where to start. Here I've used the pouch from the December ipsy bag, and filled it with a City Color matte blush trio, L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara, the NYX Micro brow pencil, a Luxie rose gold brush and plenty of lip products!


In the end, I think that the time you get to spend with your family and friends this season is the best gift you can give or receive, and that's why I think these little DIY ugly Christmas socks are a great idea. I got these on a discount at Winners, but you can also grab them online here. This is such a fun project to do with adults and kids alike!! This gift really pays for itself as an experience, which I love. 

What's on your gift list / wish list this year? Let us know in the comments!! <3









Comments

Popular Posts