Emma: Hello, Autumn




The arrival of crunchy orange leaves and pumpkin spice everything usually signals the beginning of the best part of the year for me. In the summer, once I have run of out of things to do, I start feeling lethargic and unproductive. But, with the reestablishment of routine with school and work, I begin to feel more like myself again. I think that this shift is best expressed in my clothes! 


I am definitely a fan of bundling up, and fall allows me to do just that! There is nothing I prefer to walking to class in the crisp autumn air, wrapped up in a thick coat, keeping warm with a coffee in hand. It is warm jewel tones, antique florals and cozy knits that make me feel most myself. This outfit shows off most of those, with this floppy burgundy hat, a floral blouse, a chunky knit cardigan and of course, dark denim. Fall is truly the season where I can dress both for comfort and style, and that allows me to reign in the confidence department 🍂🍂



Something else I love to do in autumn is to make a list of different things I want to do in these short, cooler months. I thought I'd share that here, as this blog post welcomes fall!
  1. Go apple picking
  2. Also go pumpkin picking
  3. Make homemade vegan pumpkin spice lattes
  4. Go for a hike to see the colourful forests
  5. Make vegan shepherd's pie (for non-Canadians, imagine a cozy potato and veggie casserole)
  6. Make apple pie for Thanksgiving
  7. Go to a craft market
  8. Read a book outside
  9. Buy (even more) cozy sweaters
  10. Rake leaves

What's on your autumn bucket list? I would love recommendations 🍁




Outfit:
-blouse: Winners, not available online, similar
-sneakers: Keds
-purse: Winners, not available online
-floppy hat: Winners, similar
-cardigan: F21, sold out, similar



Comments

Popular Posts